With Valentine’s Day coming up, many are wondering how to celebrate without breaking the bank. Some of us are happy with a romantic candlelit meal at home while the kids are asleep, but others prefer a night out, something special.
Here are some ideas you can use this Valentine’s day or for any date night!
Spa Date: subsidized by your insurance company!
- Schedule a double massage at your local spa.
- See if there’s a way the two of you can enjoy a meal or some appetizers and a glass of wine while you’re there.
- If your insurance covers massage, make sure to submit receipts for that portion of your date 🙂
- Even more cost-effective: Pay with Spa Finder gift certificates from Costco. (see spafinder.com for participating spas-some of my favourites are there!)You will pay $79.99 for $100 worth of certificates. So you will save 20% to start PLUS get reimbursed for all or part of your massage by your insurance company!
Splurge on Dinner at 20% off…
- Costco offers gift certificates for Moishe’s, L’Academie and other restaurants in our city.
- The cost? $79.99 for $100.oo worth of certificates.
- So while Dinner may be a splurge…it will be at a savings!
Put those gift cards to good use!
- Still have leftover gift cards from the holidays? See if any of them are for restaurants or entertainment to be enjoyed for Valentine’s Day.
- Do you exchange gifts? Maybe you can use one of the card to pay for something for your Valentine… (I am not suggesting re-gifting :))
Be a tourist in your own city:
- Take a tour through the Ice Hotel at Parc Jean Drapeau
- Given that Valentine’s Day is on a weekday, it will cost you $13 per person plus parking (not sure what weekday rates are)
- Something different & romantic that won’t break the bank!
- To read about the Ice Hotel & our family’s trip there, click here…an evening walk-through for two will surely be more romantic!!!
Whatever you do…just enjoy each other!
Do you have any tips for romance on a budget? Please share!
Wishing you romance & love, for Valentine’s Day & for EVERY day,