Leftovers are a year-round issue and luckily, summer rolls are not just for summer 🙂
So what does one do with leftover roasted chicken, besides reheating or chicken salad? Why…summer rolls, of course!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Rice paper
- Leftover chicken, shredded or chopped
- Assorted veggies, thinly sliced (I like to use peppers, baby corn, carrots, cucumbers)
- A few leaves of your favourite herb ( I LOVE cilantro)
- Your favourite dipping sauce. We use a home-made peanut butter sauce that is phenomenal (recipe by Norene Gilletz, of course! 🙂 The recipe is available in Healthy Helpings (Whitecap) or if you have a copy of MealLeaniYumm, you can find it there as well. My daughter made the one shown all by herself-it’s as easy as it is delicious!)
Here’s what to do:
- Moisten the rice paper as per provided instructions ( I just run under warm water and let it sit briefly on plate until soft- DO NOT stack- they will stick together)
- Place desired ingredients lengthwise in the middle of the rice paper
- Fold in sides that touch the shorter ends of your pile of ingredients
- Fold bottom edge over top and roll until closed
- Slice in half for a beautiful presentation
- Serve with dipping sauce
This is a quick & easy lunch or dinner and the kids absolutely love it. It can get a bit messy, but it’s worth it!
Do you have any favourite things to do with your leftovers? Please share!
Wishing you a great week,