Have you ever worried over whether or not your child’s car seat was properly installed?
The installation of the car seat directly impacts your child’s safety while travelling.
On Friday, May 24, Canadian Tire, together with the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ), CAA-Québec, as well as local police, will collaborate for Child Safety Seat Inspection Day – a day dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of properly installing a child safety seat to increase children’s safety when travelling.
From noon to 8PM you will be able to have your child’s safety seat inspected and/or installed FREE OF CHARGE in Canadian Tire stores across Quebec (exception: Atwater location in Montreal as it lacks the necessary parking space).
Canadian Tire employees are actually TRAINED by the Network for the Inspection of Child Safety Seats.
The Network was created by the SAAQ and CAA-Quebec with the goal of providing a permanent child safety car seat verification service to parents and anyone involved in the safety of young children riding in road vehicles.
Some eye-opening stats:
- 83.3% of parents use a car seat that is adequately suited to their child’s weight and height, but only 41% install it properly.
- Seats are used correctly, that is, the child car seat is properly anchored on the seat of the vehicle and the child is properly restrained in the seat, in only 61.6% of cases
- Every year in Quebec, around 1,150 children under age 9 are killed or injured in road accidents.
- Child car safety seats reduce the probability of death and serious injury in road accidents by up to 70%.
It is imperative that we make sure that:
- our children are in the right seat for their height & weight
- car seats are properly installed
- when using the car seat, children are properly restrained
Car seat safety is important every time a child is transported in a motor vehicle. As we gear up for our summer road trips, it’s a great time to make sure that everything is in order with our children’s safety seats.
Make your way to Canadian Tire on Friday & get everything checked out – FOR FREE!
In the market for a new seat? You may or may not know that Canadian Tire has great car seats available as well as other excellent devices to help families stay safe on the road, such as backup cameras & hands-free devices. You may recall I blogged about one of their fabulous backup cameras a while back: Forward Thinking for Driving in Reverse
Enter it into your agenda now, on your to-do list for this Friday, May 24:
GO TO CANADIAN TIRE TO INSPECT / INSTALL CAR SEATS!
If you truly can’t make it that day, enter it on a different day. Beginning on May 25, 2013, all Canadian Tire stores across the province will provide their customers with FREE verification of child safety seats and installation for $9.99.
Wishing you a safe day on the roads,