As many of you already know, I recently took a trip to Paris (Post coming soon!).
Given that this was a business trip, staying connected was of the utmost importance. Additionally, given that I was going to be sharing some experiences via social, I knew that data would be necessary.
I looked into it and was super-surprised to find out that my beloved TELUS offers Easy Roam…Internationally…at $10/day…for PARIS!!!!
What is Easy Roam?
I’m glad you asked
It’s essentially an add-on charge that allows you to use your cell in another country (as long as Easy Roam is available there) the exact same way you would at home- same amount of minutes, texts and DATA!!!
I have known about TELUS Easy Roam in the US at $7/day since my trip to Disney last year. I have been using it on all of my US trips ever since, (In fact, it auto-activates when I cross the border) , but I had NO IDEA that there was an International version!
So…I used it for that Paris trip & it was FABULOUS.
Paris was OK , too 😉
I figured that given that so many people will be travelling this holiday season, now would be the perfect time to share this with you.
Curious if Easy Roam is available at your destination?
Florida? That’s extra easy : It’s in the USA so $7/ day
Punta Cana? (or elsewhere in Dominican Republic)? $10/day
England? France? Italy? Switzerland? ALL $10/day!!!
If I did not name your destination then just visit telus.com/easyroam and type in the country name & you will see if TELUS Easy Roam is available in that location.
Give that Easy Roam is available in OVER 125 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES…chances are, it’s on the list 😉
All you have to do to activate Easy Roam is:
- Text TRAVEL to 7626 – or –
- call *611 to get assistance in adding it – or –
- log into TELUS ‘My Account’ through your smartphone, view roaming options & follow the instructions to activate
It’s super easy! ( Please note that certain accounts- Business, MIKE, prepaid or CDMA are not eligible. Business customers can get Roam Ready travel plans)
Here’s what happens next:
- Once Easy Roam is activated on your phone, the next time you land in another country (where Easy Roam is available), the $10 charge ( or $7 if travelling in the US) will be charged the first time you make/receive a call, text or use data.
- For the next 24 hours usage abroad will access the minutes, text messages and data included in your Canadian rate plan, avoiding additional roaming charges.
- After the initial 24 hours, the Easy Roam fee is charged the next time a call or text is made/received or data is used – valid for the next 24 hours.
- Important to note, however, that if you go over your plan limits, your pay-per-use rates will apply. ( TELUS has lots of ways to help you monitor your usage while at home or abroad).
Want to learn more? Check it out on the TELUS website at telus.com/easyroam.
$7/ day to the US and $10 / day internationally (in over 125 countries) ..not too bad…not too bad at all.
With prices like that, you can feel good about roaming during this holiday season
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, cha-ching!
Disclosure: I am part of #TeamTelus and from time to time receive products and access to special events. As always, all opinions contained herein are my own and can never be bought