As Earth Day rapidly approaches, many of us are talking with our kids about choices that we can make that will have a positive impact on the environment.
When we think about the impact of running a household on the environment, we often think about waste-Recycling is a choice that has become fairly mainstream and composting is becoming more an more popular.
But what about the environmental impact of other aspects of running a household? What about laundry?
There are SO many choices that we make that JUST relate to how we do laundry that can have a significant impact on the environment.
- Washing in COLD water: Did you know that one year of cold water washes saves enough energy to drive a car for over 450 km …or better yet, power your smartphone for a LIFETIME???
- Using an energy saving HE washer: Generally speaking HE washers can use 3x less water and deliver 65% energy savings
- Caring for your clothes: By following the proper care instructions we can extend the life of our clothing. resulting is less ‘fabric waste’. If you think that it doesn’t add up, think about this: While I do not have the statistic for Canada, we do know that Americans discard about 70lbs of clothing annually totaling 21 billion pounds and accounting for over 5% of all landfill. Extending clothing life can lessen that impact.
If you are ready to commit to the above 3 steps, then you are ready to take the Sustainable Laundry Pledge and to commit to a better future for our planet by visiting http://tide.ca/en-ca/about-tide/tide- purclean/tide-purclean-wwf-cleanpledge. For each pledge received, Tide purclean will donate $5 to support WWF-Canada’s Count For Nature movement up to $15,000 🙂
While you may note that no purchase is necessary to take this pledge, I will add that Choosing an environmentally-friendly laundry detergent is another eco-friendly laundry habit worth adopting 🙂
It’s no secret that I love Tide purclean and readily recommend it.
The reason? It’s not just a feel-good choice about choosing a 65% plant-based detergent that is kinder to our environment, but Tide purclean actually cleans just as well as the Tide Original that we’ve all come to know & love 🙂 It’s a win-win: No compromise on the quality of clean in order to make a more environmentally-friendly choice 🙂
If you’re wondering why I am so sure that it cleans just as well as Tide Original, it’s because I did some ‘experiments’ with it a few months ago and it’s now a staple in my laundry room! I have gone so far as to talk to fellow shoppers about it when I see them eye-ing tentatively at the store. Not because I have extra time to chat, but because I truly believe in this product and I know it’s just one of those things where people wonder: “Does it really clean as well?”
It does. After my first article, I actually conducted another experiment – using some pretty intense olive oil stains and was shocked at how well Tide purclean got out the stains! I did follow the recommended procedures for treating stains- ( Soak in solution of Tide purclean & water for 20 min. then pretreat again with purclean). IT CAME OUT!!!! ( See photos below)
Other great reasons to love Tide purclean, besides the fact that it is the first plant-based detergent with the cleaning power of Tide?
It is also:
- suitable for the whole family’s laundry ( and gentle enough for baby’s clothing- I use it for my delicates!)
- free of dyes, chlorine, phosphates, ethanolamine and optical brighteners
- HE-compatible (works in ALL machines, whether or not they are HE)
Best of all, Tide purclean is readily available at your favourite retailers, in both unscented (which is also free of perfumes!) and ‘honey lavender’ ( I happen to love the honey lavender!). No need to special order – you can just pick it up when you are doing your groceries 🙂
So, are you with me? Ready to take the Pledge?
All you have to do is click here, click “Pledge Now” and hit the tweet button and for For each pledge received, Tide purclean will donate $5 to support WWF-Canada’s Count For Nature movement up to $15,000 🙂
Go ahead, Take the #CleanPledge #CA and make a difference!
Happy Earth Day!
Disclosure: As with all sponsored posts, the opinions on this blog are my own and can never be bought 🙂