So many of us have been wondering what we can do to help Ukrainian families whose lives have been uprooted. We wonder about helping those who have left the Ukraine as well as those who are still in their homeland. When a friend reached out to tell me that Tatiana and Dan Romano, who live in my neighbourhood will be hosting four families coming to Canada from the Ukraine, I knew that I had to find a way to help.
And yes you read correctly – They have opened their home to FOUR families. That is thirteen people ( 10 adults, 3 children) plus their two hosts, for a total of FIFTEEN people under one roof.
There are multiple ways to help. As of now they have all of the clothing and furniture they need.
Here’s how you can help:
- Join the meal train that has been organized by the fabulous Sandra Phillips to provide a dinner. You just pick a date where you can provide a nice dinner for the refugees and can even prepare extra of what you are making for your family. Guidelines about dietary restrictions (not many) are listed on the meal train site. ( www.mealtrain.com/trains/d8qkd3 ) Food should be dropped off at: 56 rue Windermere, Dollard Des Ormeaux, Quebec , H9A2C4
- Donate a gift card for groceries or for a restaurant – e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject: Ukraine
- Donate used (or new) laptops to help the kids with school
- If you have access to resources that might be helpful to new refugee families, including language lessons, that could be helpful
- Donate through link to GiveSendGo : https://givesendgo.com/G32J8
- Interac transfers of donations are gratefully appreciated – kindly send to email@example.com key word: Ukraine
Every little bit will help. Let’s do what we can to help Tatiana and Dan to help these four families.
Please share with anyone else that you feel would like to help out.