When our family visited Walt Disney World this past February, because we were there as part of the Disney’s Social Media Moms Celebration, we were treated to a special screening of Disneynature’s Born In China. To be 100% truthful, we weren’t expecting much.
Were we ever surprised!
I don’t want to spoil anything, but I will say ‘ True Life Adventure film’ is not code for ‘documentary’ – It really is a ‘true life adventure’. I say this because you are watching a story, actually three different stories, narrated by John Krasinski (“13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi,” NBC’s “The Office,” “Amazon’s “Jack Ryan”).
You suddenly find yourself connecting with these families of pandas, golden monkeys and snow leopards. Not only does it grab your attention, but you find yourself wondering what will happen next to these animal characters with whom you have surprisingly formed a connection.
Following the stories of three animal families, the film transports you to some of the most extreme environments on Earth to witness some of the most intimate moments ever captured in a nature film. A doting panda bear mother guides her growing baby as she begins to explore and seek independence. A two-year-old golden monkey who feels displaced by his new baby sister joins up with a group of free-spirited outcasts. And a mother snow leopard—an elusive animal rarely caught on camera—faces the very real drama of raising her two cubs in one of the harshest and most unforgiving environments on the planet. Featuring stunning, never-before-seen imagery, the film navigates China’s vast terrain—from the frigid mountains to the heart of the bamboo forest—on the wings of red-crowned cranes, seamlessly tying the extraordinary tales together.
During our special screening, the audience laughed and cried because the film has some very funny as well as some very touching and sensitive moments.
Feel like watching the trailer? Here it is 🙂
Disneynature’s Born In China opens in theatres on April 21st, 2017 . The film is directed by accomplished Chinese filmmaker Lu Chuan, and produced by Disney’s Roy Conli and renowned nature filmmakers Brian Leith and Phil Chapman.
I recommend sharing this experience with your family.
Meanwhile, I am THRILLED to offer 4 lucky montrealmom.com readers the opportunity to enjoy this adventure at an advanced screening on Wednesday April 19, at 7PM at the Forum Cinema! (Each winner will win a double pass).
In order to ENTER THE #BornInChina Giveaway you must:
- Be available to attend the advance screening at Forum Cinema on Wednesday April 19, at 7PM and to arrive by 6:45 PM at the very latest.
- Leave a comment in the comments section of this post answering the following question: What is your favourite animal?
- Correctly enter your email address as the winner will notified via email.
- Add tanya(at)montrealmom.com to your contact list so that if you win, your notification will not go into your junk mail
Once you have entered by answering the question above in the comments section, here’s how you can get additional entries:
- Follow @DisneyStudiosCA on Twitter (leave your Twitter handle in the comments section of this post)
- Follow @montreal_mom on Twitter (leave your Twitter handle in the comments section of this post)
- Tweet this giveaway by retweeting this post using #BornInChina (1 entry for every RT, you can tweet up to 2 times daily- please leave a link to each tweet in the comments section of this post)
- Add montrealmom.com/blog to your RSS Feed (leave note in comments that you have done so, use same email address for both comment & RSS Feed)
- Write about this giveaway on your blog/website and leave me a link to your post in the comments section (counts as 4 entries!)
- Read any other post on the montrealmom.com blog and comment on it (please leave a comment on this post as to which post you read & commented on)
- Note that additional entries will increase your chances of winning however each individual can only win once.
The giveaway ends at 11:59 PM on Thursday, April 13th, 2017. Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted via email on Sunday April 16th and must provide a response prior to 1:00 PM on Monday April 17th. Please make sure to check your email AND YOUR JUNK/CLUTTER folder as should we not receive a response by the winner prior to 1:00 PM on Tuesday April 17th, we will choose another winner. You may enter as many times as allowable under the rules in order to increase your chances of winning, however each entrant may only win once per giveaway. Please make sure your email address is correctly entered in the comments section as the winner will notified via email. Winner must answer a skill-testing question before claiming prize. Open to Canadian residents only.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
Good Luck with the Giveaway!