St. Patrick’s Day offers a fun opportunity to have a little fun with the kids.
Of course, the day is filled with green, so what better way to celebrate than with green treats & crafts?
Check out my segment this AM on Breakfast Television for some fun, green ideas!
Recipes & How-To’s
2 avocados, peeled, pitted & mashed
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
salt & pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- Mix all together & enjoy!
Green Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice the tortilla(s) into 1″ strips
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet & place in oven for 5 minutes or until begin to turn golden & crisp
- Turn “chips” over & bake another 2-3 minutes until crisp
- Allo to cool & break into ‘chip-size’ pieces
Try making these as seen on Martha Stewart’s website: http://www.marthastewart.com/274735/st-patricks-day-crafts-and-decorations/@center/307033/spring-holidays#875748 Note: my daughter & I were able to successfully make these using construction paper rather than card stock
Also found on Martha Stewart’s website http://www.marthastewart.com/274735/st-patricks-day-crafts-and-decorations/@center/307033/spring-holidays#269749 So fun & so easy!!
Wishing you a Happy, Green & Tasty St. Patrick’s Day!