1 large Spanish onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 medium- sized sweet potato, diced small ( about 2 c.)
1 bunch Kale, stems removed & chopped very fine (will resemble parsley)
3 1/2 tsp. Osem chicken soup powder dissolved in 5c. boiling water to form parve chicken stock
2 Tbsp olive oil
1- (14 or 15 oz.) can chickpeas
- In a large stock-pot, sauté onions & garlic, salt & pepper in olive oil over medium- high heat (8) until soft & beginning to turn golden.
- Add sweet potato & sauté a few minutes longer until sweet po- tato is bright orange.
- Add kale & sauté until beginning to soften
- Add chicken stock
- Bring to a boil
- Cover & simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft
- Stir in chickpeas & heat through a few more (2-3)minutes
- Season again with S&P, if necessary