It’s hard not to love TOMS – The fun, casual style is a favourite but what really hits home is the fact that for every pair of shoes bought, another is donated to a person in need.
I was thrilled to learn that TOMS has teamed up with TARGET to bring us the TOMS for Target collection including clothing, shoes, accessories and home goods.
Here’s how the program works:
Purchase one TOMS for Target piece of clothing, accessory or home good, and one blanket will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross (American Red Cross in the US) OR one week of meal will be donated via Food Banks of Canada (Feeding America in the US).
Purchase one pair of TOMS for Target shoes and one pair will be donated to a child in need.
With over 50 items to choose from at under $50 each, the TOMS for Target program has the potential to provide over 11 million meals, blankets and shoes to those in need. Let’s help them do it!
I dropped by my local Target to check out the collection – the stuff is great.
My favourite symbolic TOMS for Target piece was the infinity scarf. It screamed to me “TO INFINITY & BEYOND” in the truest sense…because one infinity scarf goes beyond that purchase to provide a blanket to a Canadian in need.
3 ways to make the most of the TOMS for Target program:
(1) Many of us know that at the holidays our children have become focused on receiving…why bring them on a TOMS for Target gift shopping expedition to teach them how to make our gifts more meaningful?
(2) Give the gift of TOMS, ensuring that a Canadian in need will receive a blanket, meal or pair of shoes, but also generating awareness of the program to your gift recipient. Perhaps they will choose to gift a TOMS for Target item as well, making your act of kindness propel further
(3) If you yourself are in need of a scarf or hat or shoes or blanket, treat yourself to something comfy from TOMS and know that you have benefitted a person in need by choosing TOMS for Target.
(TIP: Don’t forget that if you have the RED card- you’ll also save 5% on your purchases!!!)
To get you started on your TOMS for Target shopping, Target & montrealmom.com are giving away a $100 Target gift card!
Here’s how to ENTER the GIVEAWAY:
In order to ENTER THE GIVEAWAY you must:
- Leave a comment in the comments section of this post answer the following question: “If you could make a significant donation of time or money to an organization, what organization would you choose, and why?”
- Correctly enter your email address as the winner will notified via email.
Once you have entered by answering the question above in the comments section, Here’s how you can get additional entries:
- Follow @montreal_mom on Twitter (leave your Twitter handle in the comments section of this post)
- Follow @TargetCanada on Twitter (leave your Twitter handle in the comments section of this post)
- Tweet this giveaway by retweeting this post using #TomsxTarget (1 entry for every RT, you can tweet up to 2 times daily- please leave a link to each tweet in the comments section of this post)
- Add montrealmom.com/blog to your RSS Feed (leave note in comments that you have done so, use same email address for both comment & RSS Feed)
- Write about this giveaway on your blog/website and leave me a link to your post in the comments section (counts as 4 entries!)
- Read any other post on the montrealmom.com blog and comment on it (please leave a comment on this post as to which post you read & commented on)
The giveaway ends at 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 30th , 2014. A Winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted via email on Monday, December 1st , 2014. Please make sure your email address is correctly entered in the comments section as the winner will notified via email. Winner must answer a skill-testing question before claiming prize. Open to Canadian residents only.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement
Wishing you a weekend where you can make a difference in someone’s life
As with all sponsored posts, I will only ever share with you products and/or services I believe in. All opinions contained within are my own and cannot be bought