So I’ve been quiet for a while. I haven’t blogged much over the last 2 weeks, and those of you who follow closely may have noticed a touch of radio-silence.
Now you know why…I was hard-at-work preparing for the launch of the ALL-NEW montrealmom.com website
I’m glad you asked
- It was time to enter the age of MOBILE Although when we developed montrealmom.com 6 years ago, we tested it on multiple mobile devices and it performed beautifully, technology has changed since then and it was time to move to a responsive platform that was designed to work seamlessly on mobile.
- The site contained a lot of content and it was getting to be difficult for my readers to find. This is why montrealmom.com 2.0 features a SEARCH function right in the menu bar – just search up whatever it is you’re looking for and you’ll be brought to the part of the site that contains it
- PHOTOS: I wanted to showcase more pictures and more colour. There is so much life in what is covered on the blog and the original site was no longer conveying that as well as I would have liked.
- VIDEO: When montrealmom.com launched 6 years ago, I had no way of knowing where it all would lead. You’ll be seeing a lot more on the montrealmomTV YouTube channel in 2016 and it needed to have a little “home” on montrealmom.com – which it did not have on the old site.
- I just wanted something FRESH It was time. I wanted fresh and vibrant and new. The old site served us all well, but everything has its season and it was time to refresh…and with spring around the corner, today seemed like the perfect day for the re-launch of my precious “montrealmom.com”
As mentioned above, the new site offers:
- a search function;
- clear links to the various social media platforms where you can find me;
- easy access to montrealmomTV on Youtube
- a FRESH new look and navigation experience.
In addition, I am finally offering the option to SUBSCRIBE to a weekly newsletter. So many of you have asked to receive my articles directly into your inboxes – now it’s an option If you don’t wish to subscribe, you can just visit the site whenever you like to get the latest content that I have posted. For those of you who would rather it come to you…Subscribe! It’s Free
What about your favourite sections of the site?:
- You can still find out what’s going on in Montreal on the montrealmom.com EVENT CALENDAR;
- You can still find fun & fabulous recipes in the FOOD section;
- Almost all of the useful information from the original site has been transferred over and there is way more to come!
What else can I say?
I want you to GO! EXPLORE! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! PLEASE!
If there is a part of the site that used to be available that you can no longer find- please drop me a line in the comments section and we’ll see what we can do to fix it!
So….without further ado, I welcome you to the dawn of a new era:
Welcome to montrealmom.com 2.0!!!