Is there ANYTHING I can do to help?
We often ask this question to our loved ones when someone is ill, when someone has passed, when someone has lost their job. We ask this question knowing fully well that the answer lies somewhere between “There’s nothing anybody can do” and “Just be there for me“.
In the case of 4-year-old Jayden, the answer is YES.
A happy & playful little girl living in our community, Jayden Roll has recently been diagnosed with MDS, a rare disease that will develop into AML Leukemia.
She is in desperate need of a bone marrow donor and unfortunately neither of her two brothers are a match.
(1) GET SWABBED. If you are aged 18-60, the first step to helping Jayden is to get a cheek swab done to see if you could potentially be a match.
When & Where?
Concordia University (Montreal) – April 3 and 4 – 11 AM – 4PM
Hall Building 1455 Maisonneuve W -or- SP- Richard J. Renaud Science Complex 7141 Sherbrooke W
If you can’t make it to Concordia: Get swabbed IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME: Anyone can register as a donor for Jayden with Gift of Life in US & Canada. A kit with everything you need can be sent to you in the mail. All you need to do is call Gift of Life or register online. Click here for further info
(2) SPREAD THE WORD.
- Like Jayden’s fight for a cure on FB.
- Follow @CureForJayden on Twitter
- SHARE this post on FB.
- Tweet it.
- Like it.
- Text it.
- Call your friends & family & encourage everyone to share to ensure that as many people as possible come to get swabbed to see if they are a match for Jayden.
(3) VOLUNTEER on-site at one of the Bone Marrow Drives. If you would like to help please email alyson(at)balaila.com.
(4) SAY A LITTLE PRAYER for Jayden & her family. It can only help.
You have the power to make a difference and I am counting on you to step up and do something to help.
Jayden is, too.
Wishing a day where you feel empowered to make a difference, and do something about it.