Netflix released its latest set of “Hooked Episodes” last week ( episodes that kept 70% of viewers watching until the end of the 1st season) and noticed something interesting.
Viewing behaviour and fandom are more universal than you might think. As you can see, the hooked episode for Canadian users was the same as the global hooked episode for a number of series including:
The Fall (Episode 2),
Grey’s Anatomy (Episode 2),
Love (Episode 3),
Making a Murderer (Episode 4),
Marvel’s Jessica Jones (Episode 4)
Narcos (Episode 3).
BUT Canadians got hooked sooner before the rest of the planet on Gilmore Girls (Canadian Hooked episode was 5, the Global Hooked episode of 7) and The Good Wife (Canadian Hooked episode was 5, the Global Hooked episode of 6).
Not surprised that these are two of my Netflix FAVES. In fact The Good Wife was my first Netflix Binge ever ( a few years ago). Maybe it’s an indication of how Canadian I am 😉
It’s interesting that no matter where people are on the planet, similar episodes and storylines are reeling them in ( pardon the pun!) . According to Netflix, thrilling mysteries, young love family drama, criminal behaviour and dogs all seem to get people hooked. Have a look – Do you remember when you got hooked? Which episode was it?
HOLD that thought and you can ENTER the #NetflixHooked GIVEAWAY to WIN a 3-Month subscription to Netflix Canada!
Here’s how to ENTER the #NetflixHooked GIVEAWAY :
- Leave a comment in the comments section of this post answering the following: Name a Netflix series you became hooked on, and (if you can remember) which episode had you hooked.
- Correctly enter your email address as the winner will notified via email.
- Add info(at)montrealmom.com to your contact list so that if you win, your notification will not go into your junk mail
Once you have entered by answering the question above in the comments section, here’s how you can get additional entries:
- Follow @ on Twitter (leave your Twitter handle in the comments section of this post) etflix_CA
- Follow @montreal_mom on Twitter (leave your Twitter handle in the comments section of this post)
- Tweet this giveaway by retweeting this post using #NetflixHooked (1 entry for every RT, you can tweet up to 2 times daily- please leave a link to each tweet in the comments section of this post)
- Add montrealmom.com/blog to your RSS Feed (leave note in comments that you have done so, use same email address for both comment & RSS Feed)
- Write about this giveaway on your blog/website and leave me a link to your post in the comments section (counts as 4 entries!)
- Read any other post on the montrealmom.com blog and comment on it (please leave a comment on this post as to which post you read & commented on)
- Note that additional entries will increase your chances of winning however each individual can only win once.
The giveaway ends at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, October 5th, 2016. Winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted via email on Thursday, October 6th and must provide a response prior to Thursday October 13th at midnight. Please make sure to check your email as should winner not respond, we will choose another winner. You may enter as many times as allowable under the rules in order to increase your chances of winning, however each entrant may only win once per giveaway. Please make sure your email address is correctly entered in the comments section as the winner will notified via email. Winner must answer a skill-testing question before claiming prize. Open to Canadian residents only.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Good luck with the #NetflixHooked GIVEAWAY and until then…Happy Streaming!
Disclosure: I receive free Netflix streaming as part of the Netflix #StreamTeam. As always, all opinions contained within my posts are my own.