Anyone out there who…
- could use a night out?
- feels that this is only permissible after the kids are in bed?
- could use a massage?
- has Mother’s Day shopping on the to-do-list?
- would love to support local businesses while purchasing for those on that list?
- would love to do more to give back to the community…if only there were more time?
- also has “get updated headshot for FB/LinkedIn/Twitter” on the to-do-list?
What if I told you that you can accomplish all of the above …in one night?!?
You MUST check out this event!
Shopping from the Heart is the brainchild of fellow blogger Julia from @AskMamaMoe and has taken place annually for the last two years. In order to be able to accommodate more guests & give people easier access to parking, this year’s event will take place at the Holiday in Pointe Claire, right off of the Trans Canada Highway.
As a Mom of 3, including twins who were born prematurely, Julia wanted to do something to give back to the Lakeshore General Hospital Maternity Ward, the Royal Victoria Hospital- NICU and the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation.
She had the idea of creating a Ladies’ night out where women can gather, kick-back & have access to the wares & services of a whole bunch of local businesses to shop for gifts or well-deserved treats for themselves.
PROCEEDS GO TO THE ABOVE CHARITIES
Each year, she schedules Shopping from the Heart to be right before Mother’s Day, because she knows that we’re often looking for that perfect Mother’s Day gift with so little time to dedicate to this task.
Some of the attractions during the evening include:
- Chair massages courtesy of Ashton Wellness
- Photo Booth courtesy of Valerie Pyke of Valerie Pyke Photography
- Makeup courtesy of Jennifer Harris (should you wish to spiff-up before your photo shoot!)
- Live musical performance by Meg Rose Smith
- Raffle prizes & Silent Auction
And yes..when I say “courtesy of” that does mean for FREE!
Of course, all raffle proceeds are split equally between the 3 organizations listed above (LGH, RVH, MCHF).
It’s sure to be a great night & I plan to be there as well – so please come by to say hello!
Here are the details:
DATE: Thursday, May 9th, 2013
LOCATION: Holiday Inn Pointe Claire
6700 Trans Canada
ENTRANCE FEE DONATION: $10 (which gives you 5 raffle tickets)
You can get all the information on the event by clicking here.
For more information on how you can participate as a sponsor or a vendor, contact Julia at 514-806-8318
Looking forward to seeing you there!