When I was asked if I would be interested in reviewing Sanissimo Salmas, which are oven-baked corn crackers, I was definitely interested in trying a healthy snacking option, but at the same time was slightly sceptical about whether I would like a cracker enough to actually share it on montrealmom.com.
I decided it was worth giving them a try. My sample of Salmas arrived just before we left for Disney and my first time trying them was on the trip…and I LOVED them!
Not only that, I offered them to my hubby and to the kids…and they loved them, too. For the duration of the trip, whenever I opened a package the kids would flock around asking if they could have some, too.
My hubby would ask me shyly…”Can I have a pack”? He was worried that since I was reviewing them, I would have to be the one eating them, LOL! I assured him that his input as well as the kids’ had already been helpful in making me realize that this was a cracker that I could actually talk about!
So what is it exactly that makes me love Salmas so much?
- The Taste: If you like tortilla chips, you will likely love Salmas- they taste like a tortilla chip, only with (in my opinion) better flavour. I say that because it tastes like you are eating a real corn tortilla chip and not some kind of ‘artificial’ food.
- The Crispy Texture: Salmas delivers on that crispy texture that I crave. I am a chip lover, and part of the reason for that is that I love the crispy texture of chips…Salmas satisfies my craving for ‘crisp’!
- Made with only 4 ingredients: whole grain corn flour, salt, hydrated lime & tocopherols ( I know- that last ingredient doesn’t sound too good, but it’s basically plant-sourced ingredients to maintain crispiness) Note: While hydrated lime is listed, don’t expect Salmas to be lime-flavoured, they’re not. That said- when I crumbled my Salmas over a vegetarian chili (see below) there was a slight, yet perfect, note of lime that magically presented itself…and I loved it!
- No artificial colours or flavours: They don’t need them!
- Satisfying: 1 package of Salmas includes 3 crackers, and I can actually be satisfied after eating just one package. I won’t lie to you and say I don’t crave another- of course I do! They are crispy and yummy! That said, I usually eat one package for a snack. I may indulge in a second if I am really hungry or want to cave to the crave 😉 They really do satisfy!
- They are 2 Weight Watchers Smartpoints per pack! For those of you following the program, you know that 2 points for a packaged snack, especially one that helps with that crispy-carb craving, is GREAT! Here are the Nutrition Facts:
- Great crumbled up as a topper for salads or chili! This past weekend I made a vegetarian chili and topped it with Salmas…Awesome!
- They’re easy to Grab & Go! – I often grab 1 or two for my purse. Note: While they are great to grab & go-note that they are also delicate so they may break broken up ‘on the go’. Sometimes they are fine & sometimes they break, but it doesn’t bother me. If it bothers you, save your broken Salmas for chili or salad toppers!
More good reasons to love Salmas:
- Vegan: ( in case you were wondering)
- Gluten-Free: While I don’t need my snacks to be gluten-free, I love that a snack that I love, (especially a cracker) can be enjoyed by those who are following a gluten-free regime
For all of these reasons, I keep telling people about them and everyone who tries them loves them!
Interested in trying them out? Click HERE to get a coupon for $1.00 off !
So…I know you all want to know: WHERE can you get Sanissimo Salmas?
Disclosure: As with all sponsored posts, I will only ever share with you products and/or services I believe in. All opinions contained within are my own and cannot be bought