340g. bag whole wheat extra broad egg noodles (I use Catelli, yolk-free)
2 Tbsp olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
500 ml cream (35%)
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Additional grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare Pasta as per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, sauté garlic in olive oil over me-dium-low heat for about 1 minute until it begins to soften
- Add mushrooms. Sauté 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add cream. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- When bubbling gently, add Parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Allow to simmer 3-5 minutes longer over medium-low heat until thickened
- When pasta ready, drain but do not rinse
- In a serving bowl, pour sauce over pasta & toss all together.
- Top with additional grated parmesan & freshly ground black pepper, if desired
Great as a main or side dish