1⁄4 c. olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cinnamon sticks
1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
6 c. diced butternut squash
1-28 oz can chickpeas, drained
4 Tbsp vegetable soup mix dissolved in 4 c. boiling water
1 c. chopped cilantro
- Sauté onion, garlic, ginger & spices in olive oil until garlic begins to soften
- Add remaining ingredients, except for cilantro
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat.
- Cover & simmer for about 45 minutes until vegetables are fork tender
- Stir in cilantro at the last moment
Delicious served over whole wheat couscous!