- 1 c. dried green peas, picked over* & rinsed
- 6 c. water (approx.)
- In a saucepan, bring peas & water to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium & allow to cook until tender (approx. 45 minutes
- Place entire contents of saucepan into food processor or blender & puree until smooth
* picked over: check through peas to make sure no stones or other impurities in your batch
Note: the reason for not using fresh or frozen green peas is that the skins tend to be difficult to process, using dried green peas eliminates this issue.