Easy & Delicious Stovetop Popcorn
Popcorn is one of our family’s favourite snacks and although we own a popcorn maker, I usually make it the old-fashioned way: in a pot.
It’s easy and the result is popcorn that is fabulous in both taste & texture.
All you do is:
- Place 3 Tbsp canola oil into a 6-quart, heavy bottomed pot
- Add 3/4 c. popcorn kernels
- Cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium-high ( I use #8)
Have a large bowl or two ready and waiting to receive the popcorn once it’s done.
When your popcorn begins popping, pay attention. Once the popping slows down and there are a few seconds between pops, immediately:
- Turn off the heat,
- Remove the lid carefully and
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl (or two!)
(The whole process should take about 5 minutes or so)
- Salt to taste, toss & enjoy!
That’s all there is to it. Try it out & let me know how your family likes it!
Please remember that popcorn can present a choking hazard so it’s not an appropriate snack for very young children and make sure that the older ones aren’t running around while they’re snacking on it!
Have a fabulous day!