montrealmom.com was conceived many years ago when my husband, family and friends started to refer to me as “Tanya 411” due to the questions I would get on a regular basis :
- What should I make for dinner tonight? Inspire me!
- I have to buy a baby gift. Any suggestions?
- I’m having twelve people Friday night…Help!
- How many sleepers will I need?
- Can you really breastfeed twins simultaneously?
- I’m re-doing my kitchen any suggestions?
- My dryer broke down. Where can I get the best deal?
The decision to share the knowledge and information I had acquired through my own experiences and research, as a mom of four, propelled me forward in creating this site. I love every minute of helping others with these questions – because helping them to save time & money by sharing my experiences makes me feel great.
Once my youngest was attending a ‘separation’ program a few mornings per week, I started writing.
400 (online) pages later, I gave birth to my fifth ‘baby’: montrealmom.com. That was over 6 years ago!
Since that time, montrealmom.com has gained in popularity and was voted Top Canadian Mom Blog on Circle of Moms for 3 consecutive years.
In addition, I launched montrealmomTV on YouTube and am proud to have been a regular contributor at Breakfast Television Montreal since its first week on air in our fair city.
During the course of the past 6 years I have also had the opportunity and privilege to work with many different brands, and I have loved it.
It is important for you to know that as always, all opinions contained within my posts continue to be my own and can never be bought. If someone else has reviewed a product on behalf of montrealmom.com – this will always be disclosed. I know that many of you look to my experiences before choosing to purchase a product, sign up for a service or book some time away, which is why I will always remain truthful, and which is why not everything that I review makes it onto the site. I can tell you that I have turned down opportunities to help publicize products & services that I did not feel comfortable recommending to my readers or that were not in keeping with my personal values.
I know that you count on me to be truthful, and I will not let you down.
Among the brands that I have worked with, I am especially proud to be part of the following teams:
- #TeamTELUS Advocate: I am proud to be a member of #TeamTELUS. I fell in love with TELUS several years ago when I learned about HOW MUCH good they do in the community. From that day forth (literally) I made a choice to have every dollar I invest in my telecommunications bring me the services that I need but also serve the community…through TELUS.Whether its empowering kids to do acts of local and global good through their sponsorship of We Day, or educating kids & teens about their digital footprints and online safety through TELUS WISE, I actually believe that TELUS makes the world a better place.My own daughter was so inspired when she attended WeDay with me that she brought the WeDay Program to her own school where she and other students raised money for clean water & ran a toy drive for kids in a shelter so that they could have gifts for the holidays. There were so many toys that I had to put the seats down in my mini-van to be able to transport them!In addition to all of this, the actual services that I am receiving have been excellent. Overall, you can call me a die-hard TELUS fan(atic).As a #TeamTELUS Advocate, I receive products & services from TELUS and will be getting the inside scoop on new TELUS programs and events and be able to share them with you just as soon as I can
- #PGmom: Whether it’s my Covergirl Makeup, Pantene hair or stain removing with Tide, I rely on A LOT of products made by P&G As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities.
- Netflix #StreamTeam: I LOVE Netflix!!! My hubby and I have enjoyed binge-watching The Good Wife, Scandal, House of Cards and so many more. My daughter & I bond over The Gilmore Girls. My teens watch Supernatural (Don’t.Even.Ask. ). As part of the Netflix #StreamTeam, I get to share the scoop of what we’re watching & what’s coming up with you. I also receive free Netflix streaming & fun kits to serve as inspiration for my posts
You will see me post more frequently about these brands because I happen to be crazy about them and because they are continuously offering me lots of new things to try out!
6 years after launch, I have decided to give the site a little ‘refresh’. I am also adding features and functionality that over the years many of you have requested. For example:
- The weekly newsletter. I have always prided myself on offering you good content with no obligation to sign up for anything. I didn’t want to TAKE your information, I wanted to provide you WITH information. That said I have had SO many requests to create a newsletter so that you can receive articles directly into your inbox. For this reason I offer the OPTION of signing up for a weekly newsletter (I think more than that is totally annoying!). If you prefer to just visit the site for the latest posts, that works too! Should you wish to receive our newsletter once weekly, please know that I will NEVER share your email addresses.
- A SEARCH function. I have written a great many articles over the years and much of the content is as relevant today as it was 6 years ago. I was recently told by a dear friend that it drove her crazy to try to find an article on my blog and when I told her to just google it, her response was YOU NEED A SEARCH function. So for those of you who have struggled to find articles in the past, I apologize…From this day forward, it shall be easier.
- More from montrealmomTV on YouTube! You have requested more VIDEO so you’ll be seeing a lot more of me through this medium
There will always be more to be added and so much more to share. Feedback is always welcome. Should you have any comments or questions, please e-mail us.
In the meantime, I welcome you (back) to montrealmom.com and I hope that you keep coming back!
Have a fabulous day, Montreal Mom!